Not being a big developer for myself, and only occasionally submitting patches here and there, I nevertheless have a vast amount of data available on the topic: the "PostgreSQL Person of the Week" interviews! There are a few questions in the interviews which relate to this topic:
- Could you describe your PostgreSQL development toolbox?
- Which skills are a must have for a PostgreSQL developer/user?
- Do you use any git best practices, which makes working with PostgreSQL easier?
- Do you think PostgreSQL has a high entry barrier?
- What is your advice for people who want to start PostgreSQL developing - as in, contributing to the project. Where and how should they start?
And having 143 published interviews at this point, there is really interesting data about this topic. I picked two points which aim directly at developers:
Continue reading "PGSQL Phriday #004: PostgreSQL and Software Development"