This years summer vacation brought us to the American Northwest. First of all, it was a surprise in multiple ways for our kid - it did not know where we are going until we arrived at the gate for the final flight in Frankfurt. It did not know that we are going to visit it's favorite mountain. And it did not know that there will be a concert of a band it likes.
We did plan this vacation around three basic parameters:
- The kid wants to see Mount St. Helens
- There is a The Piano Guys concert in Seattle
- We want to go on a #PGBackPacking trip
Everything else we've seen, visited, and experienced is a nice add-on.
Continue reading "Summer Vacation 2016"
After just walking around in Portland the previous day, for today we are scheduled for another highlight of this vacation: a The Piano Guys concert in Seattle/Redmond.
When we organized this vacation, we had three basic parameters:
- location wise: Mount St. Helens must be included
- time wise: The Piano Guys are in Seattle on this day
- community wise: Backpacking and hiking with people from the PostgreSQL community (#PGBackPacking)
Continue reading "The Piano Guys and Multnomah Falls"
After being on the road for almost a week now, Portland was supposed to be restful. Of course it ended up in walking around 13+ kilometers, finding Starbucks shops, a few Geocaches and a huge number Ingress portals ;-)
Continue reading "Portland, Oregon"