iPod Touch and WPA Wi-fi
The iPod contains Wi-fi access so i can hook into our wireless network (with WPA encryption) at home. This worked fine ... for some days. After then the iPod told me, connection to the network is not possible. Reentering the (correct) passphrase does not help, resetting network settings neither.
It helps to change the SSID, after the change the iPod can reconnect ... but after some days things stopped working again. I don't plan to change my SSID every 2 or 3 days.
The usual hints from the Apple forum (it seems, more people have this problem) seems not to help, not in my case and not for many other people. But just to be clear a list of things i already checked or tried:
- The SSID (even if randomly created) contains only digits and chars, no space or special character
- The password (also random) contains only digits and chars (don't try to hack, it's a long password ;-) )
- I made sure i'm using the shift key for upper case characters in the password
- I entered an IP for the DNS
- I don't use proxy settings
- I tried manually adding the network with all encryption settings
Given the long list of Apple forum users having similar problems, the fact that some other laptops (windows or linux based) work without problems in our wireless network and the surprise that a new SSID made the iPod working again, this clearly seems to be a software bug in the iPod.
Apple: time to wake up and release a bugfix!